Aims and Scope
The Journal of Educational Research in Mathematics (JERM) was founded in 1991 as the official journal of the Korean Society of Educational Studies in Mathematics. The journal aims to serve as the scholarly venue for emerging research ideas and innovative pedagogical research developments in mathematics education across different cultures and global regions. The journal has earned a reputation as the premier national scholarly journal in Korea, and now looks to serve the interests and needs of the international research community of mathematics education. JERM is an international, peer-reviewed open access journal that publishes articles in Korean or English. Seeking to publish high-quality original research and scholarly articles, the scope of JERM focuses on various areas and topics in mathematics education, including (but not limited to):
- Learning mathematics and psychology
- Teaching mathematics and teacher education
- History of mathematics and philosophy
- Mathematics curriculum and assessment
- Educational policy and social systems, and
- Instrument and technology.